I love 3 day weekends! I guess I should start off by saying thanks to the Armed Forces for all they do. We are so blessed to live in the land of the free.
Saturday we went to a yummy fish fry. A friend of my dad's has it every year and for some reason this was the first year we have gone. What were we thinking? There was all the fresh catfish and shrimp (Yes, SHRIMP) you could eat. There was a fun playground for the kids to play on. Clara had such a great time. It was in such a beautiful place also and the weather couldn't have been nicer. Well at least until we headed home. Then the skies got dark and the rain come down.
Happy Girl!
I almost forgot before the Fish Fry Clara and I went to get our nails done. It was her first trip to the nail salon. I hope I didn;t start her too early :). Little girls are so much fun!
To finish off the fun on Sunday we went to the Cowboy Hall of Fame Chuck Wagon Gathering and Kids Day. We had been planning on this for weeks. Matt was really excited to hear the cowboy poets and music. There were lots of old wagons set up and each served a real cowboy meal, stew, cornbread, beans & rice and peach cobbler. Yummy. It actually was around 80 degrees out so I really didn't feel like eating hot stew but that didn't stop Matt. We will definatley mark our calanders for next year.
Tomorrow we are going to catch up on house work and try and get our yard bak to looking like normal. All the rain has really made the grass grow faster then we can get it mowed.
We hope everyone has a nice day off tomorrow. And may God be wih you in the week ahead.
The Whitman family

We came home to this beautiful rainbow on Sunday. GOD IS GREAT!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment